BAR Musica kicks off 2020 in style with a new EP from Bartolomeo that features one hot original as well as remix from Einzelkind.
Unlike many in the dance world, Bartolomeo has formal training in classical music behind him. He is influenced by everything from jazz to blues to new wave and exploring electronic music comes naturally to him. His beats are richly detailed and expertly produced and his DJ sets are equally considered. Essentially, he has a delicate and emotive touch and that shows in this new EP.
The excellent L’Azdora is a deep and bubbly home cut with loose percussive patterns and rubbery drums full of warm human feelings. Trippy synths add a curious vibe and colourful pads help flesh out the groove. It is a turning track full of feeling and musical invention and is sure to get into the soul of all who hear it.
German Cocoon star Einzelkind remixes and does so with a more uptemposlant. His version is slick and tech house feeling, with watery droplets, energetic drums that have real force in them and lots of fluid percussive lines that make you want to move.
This is a tidy two track package that confirms both label and artists to be right on form.
has been supported by
- The Martinez Brothers (the’ve played the remix all the summer 2015 all around the world, there is a great video of them playing it at Circoloco @ DC10 Ibiza, they’ve also included the remix in their Circoloco Radio podcast)
- Gel Abril Charted it
- Andre Galluzzi Included it in his podcast for DJ Mag
- Sven Vath Played it
- Markus Fix Played it
- Ricardo Villalobos Played it
- Reviewed by DMC World Magazine
- Valentino Kanzyani Played it
Published: 16th December 2019