New Life Tones is the second 12” of 2016 for Call Super and heralds another subtle shift in his work. Puppet Scenes chisels a twitchy, snake-like path between dub and house whilst rejecting the standard templates for the usual melding of those two forms.
New Life Repercussions is a transmission from the undergrowth. A sleek roller that surrenders to something broken and melancholic it represents another achievement in Call Super's increasingly idiosyncratic melodic portfolio.
12” cut and mastered by Matt Colton at Alchemy. Made in Europe.
Sales bullet highlights
• Houndstooth is the artist-led label from London’s renowned fabric nightclub
• Pitchfork on Call Super - "The most evocative sound worlds the genre has seen this year"
• Mixmag on Call Super debut album - "10/10. Awe-inspiring".
• The Guardian on Call Super debut album - "Beautiful, fragmented techno-jazz"
• RA and WIRE albums of the year - XLR8R and Juno album of the year.
• RA - "One of the UK's most exciting DJs"
• RA - Mixes of the year 2015 (Call Super - Blowing Up the Workshop mix)
• Regular on Hessle Audio's Rinse show, NTS and Berlin Community Radio.
Published: 15th September 2016