Initially releasing on Phantasy under the moniker of Kamera, James Welsh's take on techno is charismatic, bold and analogue. Uniting a disparate series of influences from the heady days of UK rave to his hardcore band heritage, Welsh's club-focused music is singularly uncompromising and emotive. A series of singles since 2015 have been remixed by artists including George Fitzgerald, Throwing Snow and Radio Slave, providing a steady stream of underground club bullets. Welsh returns to Phantasy in summer 2019 with a new digital single, 'D974/Boltmaker', arguably his most impactful release yet.
Trax Magazine Premiere
* Santiago Salazar (DJ S2)
* Markus Suckut
* Henning Baer ((Grounded Theory))
* Maceo Plex / Maetrik (Ellum Audio / Mosaic)
* Dave Clarke (white noise radio)
* Justin Cudmore (The Bunker (NYC), Honey b side :) jammin! thanks Soundsystem)
* Massimiliano Pagliara (Live at Robert D974 is dope! Johnson)
* Dusky (Aus Music) Both of these are quality, will play for sure.
Published: 2nd July 2019