- Luther Vandross
- My Body - Louie Vega Remixes (Record Store Day 2019)
- Vega Records
- 2 x 12"
- RELEASE DATE
- Deep House, Record Store Day, Soulful House
- ALL ARTISTS
- Louie Vega, Luther Vandross
On April 13, 2019 Record Day, Vega Records celebrates with the new release “My Body” performed by none other than the Legend and King R&B, soul singer Luther Vandross. This is a song that was never released and was recorded back in 1979 by Luther Vandross when he was working on the collossal album “Never Too Much”. Brought to Louie Vega by artist and renowned background singer to the greats Mr. Fonzi Thornton, Vega was able to work on the immaculate sounds of Vandross. As Vega recalls “When I put up the tracks in my studio it sounded as if Luther were singing today, it made it so easy to come with the house grooves having such a perfect vocal performance and one of a kind tone. Once I came with the music, I felt I needed to bring in his original background singers, the A-team, which Fonzi organized in a flash. He called upon the genius singers Brenda White, Lisa Fischer, Cindy Mizelle, Tawatha Agee and of he joined the session. We are talking the A-Team of background singers, a dream come true in my studio”, Vega recalls. “And what a session it was!”
To add to this impeccable package is a stunning art piece by Richard Wilson on the cover of the vinyl double pack 12”. There are seven versions to choose from ready to work b2b.
LOUIE VEGA SENDS A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LUTHER VANDROSS (which is on April 20, 2019) & THANK YOU TO FONZI THORNTON, SEVETA WILLIAMS, AND VANDROSS MUSIC, LLC.
Vinyl distributed by Above Board UK
Manufactured by Optimal, Germany
Art by Richard Wilson
Graphic Art & Design by Matt “Signor” Mayes
- TRACK LISTING
- A1. My Body (Louie Vega Soul House Mix)
- A2. My Body (Louie Vega Soul House Solo Mix)
- B. My Body (Louie Vega Remix Synth Bass)
- C1. My Body (Louie Vega Eol Mix)
- C2. My Body (Louie Vega Eol Mix Solo Dub)
- D1. My Body (Louie Vega Remix Inst Synth Bass)
- D2. My Body (Louie Vega Radio Version)
Published: February 28, 2019