- Against a Dark Background
- RELEASE DATE
- ALL ARTISTS
Against a Dark Background – the full-length studio album from long-standing British techno duo, Spektre – will be released in early 2020 on Pleasurekraft’s esteemed
Following their critically-acclaimed debut album Casting Shadows Without Light in 2010 and their sophomore outing Cyclic Operations in 2013, Against a Dark Background will be the third studio long-player from partners Paul Maddox and Rich Wakley, who have been producing together under the Spektre moniker since 2006.
Currently in the top five-selling techno artists worldwide, Spektre have taken the electronic music world by
storm over the past few years, with their forward-thinking productions and high-intensity live performances resonating with legions of loyal techno fans across all
corners of the globe.
Talking about the forthcoming album, Spektre commented:
It had been over 5 years since the release of "Cyclic Operations" when we first started work on the new album in earnest, so we wanted it to be a representation of how our music has evolved in that intervening period. The writing process itself was a lot more reductive than the previous two albums. We holed ourselves up for a few
months and hammered out loads and loads of ideas, then filtered and refined the pool through playing them out and getting feedback from a few trusted pairs of ears,
until "Against a Dark Background" began to crystallise into its final form.
- DJ PROMO / PRESS
* Beico & MT93 - "This Spektre album is really amazing, as always. Full Support from us."
* Transcode - "Some big tunes here from the boys... loving “What Was Once Lost” and “Mortal Coil” especially!"
* Kostas Maskalides - "Very nice works as expected from Spektre! "Mortal Coil" is my favourite. Love that modern filthy bassline that evolves to such a deep musical crescendo. 8/10 from me."
* Oscar Escapa - "What Once Was Lost is for me Spektre at their best!!!!"
Published: January 7, 2020