- Various Artists
- Philadelphia International Classics - The Tom Moulton Remixes: Part 2
- Philadelphia International Records
- 2 x 12"
- DEALER PRICE
- RELEASE DATE
- Disco, Soul
- ALL ARTISTS
- Archie Bell & The Drells, Lou Rawls, People's Choice, Teddy Pendergrass, Tom Moulton
The legendary partnership of NYC's Disco godfather Tom Moulton and Philadelphia International Records has long been documented.
A truly explosive collaboration that yielded endless classic tracks for dancers and deep listeners alike, Moulton seemed to be totally in tune with the labels output and the direction it should go in. Luckily we've been enjoying the fruits of this labour for the last 30+ years with a lot of these PIR classics becoming ingrained in the psyche of the modern day music fan as the building blocks of House music.
Another stellar volume of what is an essential purchase for any Disco lover. Featuring a host of legends from the height of the Philly era and beyond - Archie Bell & The Drells, People's Choice, Lou Rawls & Teddy Pendergrass are all graced by Tom Moulton's supreme ear on this special PIR reissue 2 x 12" that see's some all-time classics from the aforementioned artists in their full, unabridged, unedited Disco glory. The selections on this EP are absolutely top-shelf, flawless in fact. One could argue that these are the 'definitive' versions of these anthems. Pure Disco gold essentials. Anyone with even a passing interest in Disco will most certainly need this record in their possession, the 2012 pressing of this EP is super in demand among those in the know and it can change hands for big money in the used record world, time, undoubtedly, for a repress.
These tracks are fully licensed and reissued in conjunction with Tom Moulton and PIR and all relevant rights holders. Remastered from original source materials to the highest spec and pressed onto top quality vinyl, courtesy of Above Board distribution for 2019.
- TRACK LISTING
- A1. Archie Bell & The Drells - Where Will You Go When The Party's Over (A Tom Moulton Mix)
- B1. People's Choice - Jam, Jam, Jam (All Night Long) (A Tom Moulton Mix)
- C1. Teddy Pendergrass - I Don't Love You Anymore (A Tom Moulton Mix)
- D1. Lou Rawls - See You When I Git There (A Tom Moulton Mix)
Published: May 20, 2019