First, I’d like to thank you all for your support in 2011. I didn’t know what to expect when I decided to start things, but I’ve been stoked and humbled by the response thus far.
“Modern Underground Music” is a collection of tracks culled from many corners of the underground. Hopefully the first in a series. I want to feature a cross-section of genres, with a slew of new artists you might not be familiar with. I guess I could go the easy route and sign tracks from C2, CVS, etc. But that’s not really what B/C is about……Tracklisting is as follows:
1. “Through The Galaxies” – A funky cosmic ride…I came up with the vocals after a weekend that included a lot of Sun Ra…Won’t you come with me?
2. “Chasing Rainbows” – By the mysterious yet familiar Fhloston Paradigm. A tune that is as amazing as it is short in duration. Sci-Fi vibes.
3. “Impressed To Dress” – I found this cat on Soundcloud! Amazing musician, following in my boy Tanner Ross’ footsteps over at Berklee School of Music.
4. “Ritual Business” – Bonus track from The Carter Bros! Couldn’t fit this one onto their amazing “Wild Cats” EP so here you have it.
5. “The Draconian Hybrids” – From New York’s Kuru. This track belongs on the future soundtrack to the movie, “Prometheus.” Deep, melodic and so weird!
Black Catalogue is owned and operated by DJ/Producer Monty Luke. The label is a forum for underground music from around the globe. And beyond. Detroit universal.
Releases are vinyl-only and limited to approximately 300 copies.
Published: 9th February 2012